Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
The Promoter of this Competition is Expedia Australia Pty Limited of Suite 1, Level 2, 77 King Street, Sydney (“Expedia”) and Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, Washington 98004 USA, is the sponsor of this Competition.
1. Eligibility: The Gold Coast and Expedia “Share Your Gold Coast Adventure” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Canada”), Australia (“Australia”), the United Kingdom (“UK”) and the United States (“US”), who are the age of majority and at least eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry. Employees of Expedia, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Gold Coast (“Gold Coast”), and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members (whether or not related) of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 16 October 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on 15 December 2017. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, to enter the Sweepstakes you must complete the following steps:
a. Residents of Canada: visit this landing page: https://Goldcoast.expedia.ca;
Residents of Australia: visit this landing page: https://Goldcoast.expedia.com.au
Residents of the UK: visit this landing page: https://Goldcoast.expedia.co.uk
Residents of the US: visit this landing page: https://Goldcoast.expedia.com
b. Follow the instructions provided to start the interactive video tour and choose how you would like to explore the Gold Coast; and
c. Email your personal itinerary from the final screen of the video player to yourself to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Doing this confirms your acceptance of these Official Rules.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning.
By entering the Promotion and submitting an Entry you agree that such Entry is deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary, and the Promoter shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Entries.
4. Random Drawing: On 20 December 2017 at 10:00 am ET (4:00 pm Central European Time) at the Expedia Office, located at 407 St. John Street, London, England, EC1V 4EX, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing (a “Draw”) from among all eligible entries received and combined throughout the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. If a potential Prize winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release (which releases Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof) and a publicity release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Section (b) above applies to all winners, not only Canadian residents. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential Prize winner).
6. Winner Notification: Sponsor will notify the potential winner via the email address used at the time of entry. In the event a potential prize winner fails to claim his or her prize by 29 December 2017, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, such potential prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such potential winner. If the prize is forfeited, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from among all remaining eligible entries on 29 December 2017 at the same location as the original drawing to select a new potential winner. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes and will have until 10 January 2018 to claim his or her prize.
7. Entry Requirements: Entrants may submit a maximum of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Any entries in excess of the stated limitation will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by any other method other than the method listed above in Section 3 will be automatically deemed invalid and will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Any entries that: (i) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; or (ii) contain content that is obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will not be entered into the Sweepstakes.
8. Sponsor’s Rights to Submissions: By entering, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) license and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, responses to the questions, as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional notification, review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party.
9. Prize: One (1) potential winner will receive a prize consisting of an Expedia travel voucher with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $5,000 USD, (converted to local currency if the winner is from Canada, Australia or the UK) to be used to book round-trip economy class airfare and a hotel stay for two (2) to the Gold Coast from the major commercial airport nearest to the winner’s home to a destination at the Gold Coast chosen by the winner. Prize will also include any other Gold Coast Travel Product (activities, ground transportation) to the extent funds are remaining on the travel voucher after the selection of airfare and hotel.
The prize may only be redeemed by the winner himself/herself plus one (1) guest chosen by winner and the winner and his/her guest may be required to present personal identification documents at check in to prove their identity.
Travel must be booked by 30 June 2018 and must take place by 30 December2018 or the prize will be forfeited. The prize is subject to availability of flights and hotel accommodations on the winner’s preferred dates. The winner will need to confirm availability.
A major credit card will be required at check in to cover any incidental charges. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date after reservation has been made.
Actual value of a prize may vary based on destination, rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any required necessary documentation (i.e., valid passport, visas, etc.) prior to travel. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of a winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of a winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward.
Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, each winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and the winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights and of stay for the hotel.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, proper play or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and award the prizes by random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received and combined up to the time of the termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek any and all remedies available from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail or via the internet shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void outside of Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, the US, and where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Gold Coast, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prizes and any portion thereof (including any travel/activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Sweepstakes site that may impact entry; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaccurate, or undeliverable entries, trivia games or mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. To the extent permitted by law, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Ontario, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ontario.
14. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.
15. Results: The winner will be announced on the following Expedia subdomain: https://Goldcoast.expedia.com.au; https://Goldcoast.expedia.com.au; https://Goldcoast.expedia.com; https://Goldcoast.expedia.co.uk; https://Goldcoast.expedia.ca
Permit No ACT TP 17/01338